Technical Discovery Project Manager
Accountable for leading a technical discovery project with our client’s Business Units to a) get a full complete inventory of all local application and infrastructure in markets and b) map the future transitional state of each should be (Tolerate, Invest, Migrate (cloud / dc) or Eliminate). The Discovery work will feed into transition plans which will be phased between 1-2 years and there is potential for the successful candidate to stay on to support the transition, subject to timing and funding.
The Discovery PM will need to lead a number of internal and external technical specialists to ensure successful delivery, and mapping of the local data using IT Asset Management as single source of truth. They will work closely with Business Unit leads and SI project manager to drive analysis and options and ultimately a recommendation and costs.
The technical project management role specifically requires someone who can lead teams through the project life cycle, ensuring appropriate planning, risks, issues and dependency management. This role will feed into the overall Tech Transformation.
The Project Manager will also work closely with the team defining the IT Target Operating Model.
- Support the IT organization to lead, develop, and deliver prioritised technical projects to enable the ultimate delivery of the target operating model
- Collaborate with all parties – including market IT teams – in order to gain buy in and maintain alignment, whist displaying sensitivity that not all intentions can be shared
- Establish detailed delivery plans and success criteria
- Monitor & report progress against delivery KPI targets and benefits, acting as a key point of contact for project communications and engagement with the wider business.
- Define project resource requirements, gaps, and priority setting.
- Develop and maintain key project artifacts to ensure consistent project updates to stakeholders
- Partner the with local IT teams as appropriate to coordinate and track local / regional deliverables
- Act as a brand ambassador for the Tech Transformation team and play an active role in positively shaping how transformation capabilities are perceived by the wider business
Skills and competencies:
- Technical Project Delivery
- Financial and Benefits Management
- Change Management
- People Leadership and Management
- Communication skills – both written and verbal and across a wide range of stakeholder group from management level to operational level
- Highly Resilient
- Strong self motivation, ability to work independently with little supervision
- Bias for action
- Strategic and Analytical thinking
- Facilitation skills
- Networking (across multiple functions, business units, external stakeholders)
- Programme Office Management
- Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to positively resolve conflicts
- Able to manage 3rd parties
- Relevant industry and retail understanding / experience
- Understanding of IT methodologies
- Minimum 8-10 years technical project management / delivery lead experience
- Strong project management and programme management skills / qualifications
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Service Now IT Asset Management is a bonus
Client base: Surrey, with a focus on work from home