Solution Architect – Inside IR35
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
This Solution Architect role is based and within Compliance IT.
The Compliance IT team provide technology solutions to support the Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) function, who are responsible for the global capability to identify, investigate and manage financial crime risk and enable effective information sharing with government, grounded in advanced analytics and technology.
The role is centered around UCM (Unified Case Management), the application for financial crime case management across the Bank Group. UCM provides a single view of all financial crime cases globally, increasing visibility and collaboration across investigations across the Group and between the various Financial Crime Compliance teams.
The current application is undertaking a programme to modularise components over a period of time to address challenges with scalability and time to market. This role will focus on producing technical design options to deliver new capabilities for Suspicious Activity Reporting and also focusing on how to archive legacy investigations data and providing a read only view to investigations
What you will be doing;
- Ensuring the products & services are supported by the right architectures and solutions meet the customer needs, inclusive of the assessment and recommendation of technology use
- Ensuring the design of the solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities
- Converting requirements into actionable product/service requirements that feed technology solutions development & influence service direction.
- Ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function.
- Pulling together various aspects of the solution – viz Application Design, Integration Design, Security Design, Information Design, Infrastructure design and Business Process Design
- Work with engineers to produce proof of concepts using modern and cloud capable technology
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Proficiency in Application Architecture and Design on at least one technology platform
- Prior experience working within Banking / Financial Services / Financial Crime is an advantage
- Prior experience working within a Cloud / DevOps environment
- Expertise on Infrastructure Design and concepts in distributed platforms
- Expertise on Integration concepts, techniques and patterns
- Prior experience on designing business driven micro services
- Good knowledge on APIs and Messaging infrastructure and standards
- Ability to learn and assess new technologies quickly