GCB4 Solution Architect – Inside IR35 – Hybrid
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Lead Solution Architect, with a focus on x-value stream designs, notably for regulatory initiatives.
This role lines to the Portfolio Solution Architect, Wealth and Private Bank UK Architecture, and is accountable for:
- Defining/contributing to the definition of the right solution architectures for WPB UK change initiatives.
- Assuring that solutions are fit for purpose, cost effective, and align with bank strategy and standards.
- Gaining formal approval for solutions through the appropriate governance, documenting the architecture, associated risks and technical debt as necessary.
- Effectively communicating the solution architectures to business and technology colleagues responsible for materialising the design.
What you will be doing;
- You will need to decompose business needs to identify the relevant contributing teams and architects, then through collaboration with them, drive the production of complete, end to end designs.
- You will need to align design decisions with bank standards and roadmaps, and where deviation from standards is required, document the rationale and implications for consideration by the WPB Design Authority.
- You will communicate the design and supporting information such as likely costs, timelines, risks, and key dependencies, to stakeholders.
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have;
- Proven experience as a solution architect or similar role
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of IT specialists, suppliers and business stakeholders
- The capability to drive, govern and support establishing architecture functions
- Strong understanding of architecture and IT governance frameworks
This role is based in Sheffield