Site Reliability Engineer
- A strong background in large scale data related cloud infrastructure. Preference will be given to those with experience in Microsoft Azure and multi-cloud environments
- Experience building support systems, tools, and services in support of a robust cloud solution (e.g., monitoring, alerting, ticketing, CI/CD, software version repositories, email systems, web infrastructure)
- Experience building cloud infrastructure in support of endeavours in the cyber security domain and understanding of cyber security principles, techniques used by advanced criminal and nation state adversaries, global financial services business models, regional compliance regulations and applicable laws.
- Experience working in Agile or iterative development environments.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- Experience with technologies like those found in this list: Azure Cloud, Azure IAM, Azure AD, Terraform, Nginx/Apache, Azure Compute, Azure Storage (esp. Data Lake Gen 2) and CosmosDB, Linux, Bash, PowerShell, Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch). Experience with SIEM and SOAR technologies, especially cloud based, is a significant asset.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Automation tools: Terraform, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation/ARM.
- Systems – Understanding of hardware and software principles – storage technologies (SSD, HDD, NVMe), CPU architectures, Memory, Operating system principles (especially network stack fundamentals)
- Network – Understanding of network protocols and network design.
- Programming/Scripting – Ability to both script, and code solutions to SRE/DevOps problems.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex problems, especially those resulting from interactions across a cloud, services, and application stack.
- A student of the Google SRE philosophies as applied to managing large scale cloud infrastructure.
- Strong documentation, change management, and agile development philosophies.