Scrum Master – GCB 4 – Inside IR35
Cybersecurity is responsible for enabling businesses and functions to manage their information security risks as well as ensuring risk and controls are assessed and implemented appropriately, objectively and independently through professional and specialized subject matter experts.
The role of Scrum Master will be responsible for Agile execution and ceremonies within their allocated agile delivery teams, guiding teams in adopting and continuously improving their Agile practices to enable successful delivery of new products and services that protect the bank.
Working within the overall direction set by the Product Owners and Product Managers, the Scrum Master will enable a team that has been given a set of problems to solve. The Scrum Master will support the empowered product teams to together figure out the best solution.
This role requires a keen ability to understand and apply Scrum practices in an Agile delivery environment, with a strong focus on supporting team development and relationship building with stakeholders and internal partners.
This role needs to understand the products, the customers, the value being delivered; they need to support the team to drive their backlog, their prioritisation of work, their stakeholder communications; and they need to actively lead activities to resolve or mitigate risks and issues and unblock the team.
Ensuring the project is running on target and in accordance with all bank governance and control standards is also critical.
- Leading team adoption and improvement of Agile working practices
- Lead team Scrum/Agile ceremonies
- Facilitate scrum planning and review processes
- Support team in understanding and unblocking problems
- Acting as servant-leader to continually work with the team to identify and remove impediments
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
- Work with team members to develop their team work
- Supporting the Product Owners and Product Managers with Agile tooling admin and maintenance
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and identifying any areas of coaching required to improve this.
- Working with other Product Owners and Scrum Masters to identify areas for continuous improvement across the programme
- Ensure adherence to bank policy, governance controls and design standards
- Work with third parties, which may include academia, vendors, Legal and R&D organisations.
- Delivery Management
- Work with the team to effectively manage the product development backlog against clear priorities
- Support team members, TPM and Product owner in identifying, managing and communicating dependencies, issues and risks to product delivery
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience working as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach/Delivery Manager in complex programmes
- Knowledge of Agile project delivery with demonstrable experience, ideally with domain knowledge of any of, cybersecurity, machine learning or big data.
- Strong familiarity with using JIRA and JIRA administration
- Experience of facilitating Scrum ceremonies and Design and Delivery Sprint cycles
- Exceptional planning and leadership skills
- Exceptional business and stakeholder management and communication skills
- Prior experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach/Delivery Manager within Highly Regulated industries (ideally Financial services)
- Prior experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Coach/Delivery Manager within a large and complex organisation
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity principles and controls
- Experience of working with Training & Communication Teams and training and communication product development
- Exceptional knowledge administering Jira Inc. tracking Burndown charts/metrics, velocity, estimation, use of Jira query language etc.)
- Experience of working with innovative teams creating bespoke solutions to novel problems
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or an equivalent)