QA Tester – Inside IR35
What are we doing and Why?
Supervisory Platform vision is to become the ‘one-stop-shop’ for Supervisory management for applicable Business lines. An important and high profile initiative for the Conduct Framework of the bank.
Products suites are rolled out across 50+ countries resulting in a step-change in effectiveness, efficiency and consistency of operations.
Architecture wise, we have adopted an Event based and Microservice architecture, component library and striving for a micro-frontend approach.
Role holder will be responsible for analysing the functionality of products and designing automated tests to validate their performance. Test Automation Engineer will work with the Business Analyst to ensure that Quality Assurance is planned in the delivery and achieved.
- Build automated API tests using Java, Selenium and RestAssured
- Experience with using Gherkin syntax for test scenarios and collaborative working
- Experience with building performance simulations using Gatling (Scala based)
- Build/improve the current test automation frameworks
- Work with the test lead and existing testing resources to improve test automation capabilities
- Perform manual and exploratory testing in the areas where there is an absence of any automation using appropriate tools such as Postman and SQL
- Participate in agile ceremonies (stand-up, planning, reviews) and contribute as a test resource
- Execute tests and track and manage any defects to closure
- Must have at least 5 years in testing with most of the roles in test automation/development
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with ISEB qualifications
- London based resource (may be required to come into London CW office 1 or 2 days a week)
- API Scripting/programming experience with REST, Cucumber and Java
- Experience with Performance testing tools – Gatling Business Knowledge
- Experience of working in the Control / Conduct space – advantageous
- Experience of time-critical regulatory remediation projects in Banking – advantageous