This is a high-profile role accountable for delivering key projects in the GPS Client Implementation arena with visibility at senior leadership technology and business level. The bank is a leading financial institution, dedicated to delivering exceptional wholesale banking solutions and client experiences. As a Technology Project Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading the implementation of innovative technology solutions that optimize client onboarding processes, remove friction, enhance client experience, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and drive overall digitization initiatives. Global Payments Solutions is made up of almost 10,000 people, across more than 60 countries. The business is uniquely positioned to offer a range of Product and Packages to clients. Our expertise in this area is repeatedly recognized by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations with numerous global, regional, and country awards.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Project Manager – Client Implementation, who will be accountable for driving the Technology delivery Client Implementation. The role holder will drive the end-to-end delivery of technology solutions working with key functions.
• Lead end-to-end project management activities, including project planning, scope definition, resource allocation, budgeting, risk management, and timeline monitoring.
• Adhered to the use of the prevailing methodologies within Technology teams (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean).
• Lead the Technology work streams / Sub Value Stream / Projects within Client Implementation and collaborate with stakeholders, including business users, operations, technology teams, and subject matter experts, to define project objectives, deliverables, and success criteria.
• Develop comprehensive project plans, outlining tasks, dependencies, and deliverables, and manage project execution to ensure successful completion.
• Oversee the implementation of workflow and automation solutions, document management strategies, and client data management initiatives.
• Drive the digitisation of processes and systems, leveraging emerging technologies and best practices to improve efficiency, accuracy, and client experiences.
• Manage project risks and issues, developing mitigation strategies and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
• Responsible for Working Groups and Project steering committees to effectively communicate project progress, budgets, updates, and milestones to stakeholders, including senior management, project sponsors, and cross-functional teams.
• Foster collaboration and stakeholder engagement by building strong relationships and facilitating effective communication within a large complex matrix organization spread in multiple locations and time zones.
• Definition, tracking and accountability of the financial budget for the Technology work stream / Sub Value Stream / Project both as part of the annual planning cycle and for the duration of the Project.
• Provide strong leadership and mentorship to project teams, ensuring their alignment with project objectives, timelines, and quality standards.
• Work with the project stakeholders to manage end-to-end delivery of requirements and solution to business problem statements, project sizing, implementation, and transition into BAU
• Conduct project reviews and post-implementation evaluations to identify lessons learned and opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to digitization, client onboarding, and client experience. The ideal candidate for this role will have
• 8+ years of Proven experience as a Project Manager within the financial services industry, preferably in wholesale banking, with a focus on digital transformation initiatives and evidence of managing large change/transformation project with impact to customer
• Must be familiar with Scaled Agile delivery and principles deliver enterprise application.
• Understanding of wholesale banking products and processes (payments experience is a plus), as well as the interdependencies within the end-to-end landscape.
• Experience in managing projects related to operational processes, workflow and automation, document management, client data management, and identity and access management.
• Strong leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to navigate and influence within a large complex matrix organization.
• Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools (Clarity, Confluence, JIRA & GPDM), with a track record of successfully delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high-quality outcomes.
• Comfortable working with remote team members in different time zones and from diverse settings.
• Work towards continuous improvement by incorporating learnings into process and adopting innovative methods.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail and a commitment to driving continuous improvement