Portfolio Manager – Inside IR35 – 3 days in the office
As Portfolio Manager in the Chief Technology Office PPM team, the role holder will provide direct oversight and accountability for the portfolio of programme (s) / projects (s) wihtin their portfolio. They will report into the Global Head of Portfolio & Programme Management within Chief Technology Office. In executing this role, the Portfolio Manager will need to:
- influence strategy and shape the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes
- accountable for assisting business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into requirement/epics and user stories that can be delivered by Technology teams.
- build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within but not limited to: Chief Technology Office, Global Businesses and Global Functions, Finance
- work closely with their respective Programme, Project Managers, the Global CTO PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their portfolio of programmes/projects with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values and behaviour
- provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
- lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the portfolio of programmes/projects, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
- Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Accountable for all elements of programme financial management, including headcount and software delivery capitalisation
- Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at portfolio, programme and project level, as set and communicated by the bank Group, regulators and Chief Technology Office PPM Practice.
- Own the the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
- have responsibility for effective handover of the programme into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
- have responsibility for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks and respective methodologies within their portfolio of programmes/projects and instilling good programme disciplines within their programme and wider team.
- lead and manage within the matrix environment to enable successful delivery.
- manage negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers.
- manage the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices.
- manage the reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to committees and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- drive Agile ways of working and utilise Agile practices and DevOps capabilities.
- provide insight on how we can optimise the change portfolio to maximize the investment in our strategic change agenda.
- Maintain Technology regulatory compliance and mandatory vendor change.
- Meet capacity requirements and maintain appropriate vendor support for both hardware and software (termed ‘Evergreening’).
- Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme.
Knowledge and Experience
- Outstanding project, programme and portfolio management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to direct and influence people in a matrix orientated environment and establish working partnerships at a junior and senior organizational level.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Change agent with proven ability of implementing large scale organizational, procedural, technology and people related change programmes.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to recognise to the global remit of this role.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Experience of delivering large scale change programmes within a Technology organization, with Infrastructure experience.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across the bank.
- Experience of leading and managing teams with proven track record of working with diverse, cross functional teams that are located regionally and worldwide.
Experience of driving continuous improvement