Technology Solution Architect
This is a high-profile role accountable for delivering key projects in the GPS Client Implementation arena with visibility at senior leadership technology and business level. The bank is a leading financial institution, dedicated to delivering exceptional wholesale banking solutions and client experiences. As a Technology Solution Architect / Techno-functional SME, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing innovative technology solutions that optimize client onboarding processes, remove friction, enhance client experience, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and drive overall digitization initiatives. Global Payments Solutions is made up of almost 10,000 people, across more than 60 countries. The business is uniquely positioned to offer a range of Product and Packages to clients. Our expertise in this area is repeatedly recognized by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations with numerous global, regional, and country awards.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Technology Solution Architect / Techno-functional SME, who will be accountable for driving the Technology architecture aligning to the digital client experience for the GPS Client Implementation programme of work. The role holder will contribute to the definition and management of technology architecture and lead the design and development of strategic solutions.
Principal responsibilities: The Lead Solution Architect/SME role is accountable for successful delivery and management of a prioritized technology requirements roadmap with following as the key expectations:
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience as an end-to-end Solution Architect delivering solution design and architecture for banking enterprise applications, with 10-15 years’ experience in technology
• Proficiency in defining orchestration and integration patterns including writing patterns, standards, and reference architectures for Application Architecture domains.
• Vendor evaluation of workflow and documentation management products vs in-house build and lead the decision process to select best in class for the banks needs
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, technology teams, and subject matter experts to understand wholesale banking requirements and align them with technology strategies.
• Design end-to-end technology solutions that address the complex landscape and interdependencies within wholesale banking, considering both functional and technical aspects.
• Provide expertise and guidance in translating business requirements into scalable and robust architectural designs, incorporating compliance requirements (KYC, etc.), operational processes, workflow and automation, document management, client data management, and identity and access management.
• Conduct assessments and evaluations of existing systems and workflows, identifying opportunities for optimization, consolidation, or automation.
• Develop and document comprehensive solution architectures, including integration patterns, data models, application architectures, and security frameworks.
• Collaborate with development teams to ensure the successful implementation and integration of technology solutions, providing guidance on best practices and adherence to architectural guidelines.
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to development teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
• Effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders in a large complex matrix organization, managing expectations and driving alignment on technology initiatives.
• Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, and stakeholders to ensure project delivery aligns with architectural designs and meets business objectives.
• Experience of REST APIs and designing/implementing APIs with hands-on experience in implementing API Security and Access control (SPNEGO, OAuth, SAML, SSL) etc.
• Must have experience with design, development & integration experience with cloud native patterns and platforms (i.e.AWS, GCP) in a continuous delivery environment, involving API Gateways, Micro Service Design and Event Driven Architecture.
• Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes relevant wholesale banking, compliance, and client experience. The ideal candidate for this role will have
• Proven experience as a Technology Solution Architect or Techno-functional SME in the wholesale banking domain, with a comprehensive understanding of end-to-end landscape, client onboarding, compliance requirements, and digitization initiatives.
• Deep knowledge of wholesale banking products and processes (payments experience is a plus) and a strong appreciation of the interdependencies between various systems and workflows.
• Proven delivery experience using Agile delivery methodology.
• Experience in designing and implementing end-to-end technology solutions in complex environments, incorporating compliance, operational processes, workflow and automation, document management, client data management, and identity and access management.
• Familiarity with compliance requirements, such as KYC (Know Your Customer), and the ability to incorporate them into architectural designs and solutions.
• Strong understanding of security frameworks, data privacy regulations, and best practices related to wholesale banking and client data management.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and influence within a large complex global matrix organization.
• Proficiency in a wide range of technologies, platforms, and programming languages relevant to wholesale banking and digitization.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, delivery-focused, and strong team player with detail-oriented mindset with a focus on delivering high-quality deliverables and meeting project deadlines.
• Experience of Compliance Requirements (e.g., KYC/CDD), Operations Processes, Workflow & Automation, Document Management, Client Data Management, Identity & Access Management.