|Project Manger – Mobile banking Apps – WFH hybrid, Birmingham, Sheffield
We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of millions customers worldwide. The work of the Digital teams includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to enhance our customer relationships; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
You will be part of a cross functional team transforming our digital capabilities. Driving innovation, delivering products in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
What you will be doing:
- Providing project management for a global program.
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
- Coach team members as needed, including resolving conflict
- Drive the development and delivery of product road maps in conjunction with Digital Product Teams.
- Identify and build team structures to enable delivery aligned to the agreed road maps.
- Manage large or more complex projects, ensuring timely delivery of outputs. This includes the planning, governance and reporting for projects under responsibility.
- Create, track and report timelines, budgets, backlog, velocity and quality during the entire life of the project, managing issues and risks as they occur including escalating when appropriate.
- Ensuring adherence to governance procedures and significant contribution to process improvement, facilitating and chairing regular project meetings ensuring all project issues and risks are documented, assigned, monitored and managed to ensure minimal impact to the programme, reporting status to key Stakeholders and Senior Management.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with Business, internal IT and other teams throughout the programme lifecycle
- Building and maintaining relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders for the benefit of the projects/programmes
- Considering risk implications in all decisions and activities through a good understanding of business activity, opportunities and threats
- Leveraging business knowledge and expertise to drive business decisions and business improvements
- Ensure that problems are managed at peer level, and escalated efficiently with the minimum disruption to the business
- Adopt and share standards, tools, best practices, principles for cost, quality and productivity improvement
- Maintain good exposure and develop knowledge in new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience of the whole project lifecycle. Solid project management skills in initiation, analysis, design, test and transition where both Project Management Professional and Agile SCRUM certification / or applicable proven experience is a must.
- Proven track record of delivery across programs / projects using agile management methodologies, in a complex, multinational corporate environment.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. IT Program Management experience delivering large scale, i.e. more than USD 10 million, program and in depth experience of Mobile and Digital Experience delivery
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. occasional travel to China and overseas e.g. London
- University degree in computer science, information technology / related discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong Leadership, managing matrix project teams both regionally and globally, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on an individual basis
- Commercial acumen and good risk management and mitigation skills
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written English
- Managed change management projects and teams for tier one financial services organization
- Familiarity with the banking standards
- Good understanding of IT systems. Exposure to technologies such as Java, Linux, Solaris or other mobile apps would be an advantage