|Java C++ Developer
- Improve our models workflow and infrastructure
- Be responsible for developing new features and enhancements to the platform
- Developing architectural improvements relating to performance, scalability and technical debt reduction
- Working closely with Traders and other business users to understand the Equity Derivatives Trading business
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks
- Working on challenging technical problems relating to large data volumes, performance and scalability
- Being involved in all aspects of software delivery, including analysis, design, prototyping, development, deployment and hand-over to the support team
Candidates should possess
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience of core Java, C++, Linux, messaging queue, relational databases and SQL, Git/Maven
- Proficiency in Java 8 or above, with hands-on multithreading experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms.
- Knowledge of development best practices such as TDD, code reviews, automated code analysis
- Experience working on data-intensive distributed systems, and with microservices architectures
- Experience of working in Equity Derivatives Risk, or related financial background
- Experience in building realtime n-tier applications with understanding of front to back flows between thin UI clients and Java service
Role sits Inside IR35 and working location is on a Hybrid basis.