IT Service Desk Manager
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Global Employee Digital Workplace Manager, the IT Service Desk Manager will be responsible for the oversight of in country local Service Desk. These Service Desks each have their own local manager, the IT Service Desk manager will be responsible for ensuring that the local Service Desks adhere to central processes and for acting as a point of escalation.
The IT Service Desk manager will also be responsible for the direct management and day to day running of a small central Service Desk capability concerned with the support of Globally provisioned applications.
The role will be responsible for:
- Defining, creating and delivering IT Service Desk standards. Supporting local Service Desks to adopt and maintain such standards
- Direct management of a small central Service Desk
- Driving the development and continuous improvement cycle of all Service Desks within the organisation
- Delivering analytics insights and reporting around Service Desk performance
As a member of the Global Technology group must be able to effectively communicate with senior members of the organisations Business community as well as the IT organisation.
Location: EU with ability to travel to UK if required to do so
- Strategic oversight of all Service Desks globally
- Defines relevant Service Desk standards and ways of working.
- Ensures that these standards are communicated and applied across all Service Desks globally
- Direct management of a small centralised Service Desk concerned with the management of globally deployed applications
- Owns delivery accountability for continuous improvement cycle for all Service Desks
- Works within defined guidelines and policies, this role will also identify issues and provide input on proposed changes to enhance effectiveness of all Service Desks
Skills and Experience
- Experience: 8 Years+ IT Service Desk management role, directly involved in the day to day running of Service Desks
- Experience of ServiceNow ITSM tooling
- Comfortable interacting with Technology Leadership team
- Experience of working in a Global environment, comfortable working with Service Desk leaders in different countries and time zones.
- Excellent working knowledge of the different ITIL processes
- Adept problem solver with the ability to focus on the overall goal
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working with teams locally and globally
- Demonstrable experience of writing reports, preparing slides (using PowerPoint) and giving formal presentations
- Excellence English language written and spoken
- IT Service Desk leadership
- IT Service Management and Service Improvement
- Service ITSM and ITAM understanding
- Communication skills – both written and verbal covering a wide range of stakeholder groups from management level to operational level
- Strong self motivation, ability to work independently when required
- Bias for action