Software Engineer (IOS) – located in our London offices
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
A global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of over 41 million customers worldwide.
The work of the Digital teams includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to enhance our customer relationships; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
You will be part of a cross functional team transforming our digital capabilities. Driving innovation, delivering products in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
What you will be doing:
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle
- Hands on with Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development
- Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code bases is vital.
- Focus on SW quality and delivering quality throughout the whole process
- Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated thorough the global team
- Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps.
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you’ll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
- Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
- We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
- Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
What you will bring to the role:
- Native iOS development – Swift 4, XCode and CocoaPods
- CI/CD – tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Nexus
- Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile application
- experience with Xcode7, IB and Auto Layout to create advanced UIs
- Knowledge of Apple’s HIG, design best practices, coding and naming guidelines
- Knowledge of software design patterns and software architecture principles
- A passion for clean code
- Experience in building Universal Apps that support different layouts for iPhone and iPad
- Regularly write unit tests
- Experience with UI automation (any tool)
- Experience with OS X shell scripting and Xcode’s / Fastlane’s command-line tools
- Some experience with any server-side technology (e.g. ASP.NET, PHP, RoR) and REST API development