Enterprise Architect (UK):
The Banks UK Enterprise Architect takes responsibility for delivery of several the Bank enterprise architecture activities.
The job holder leads the definition and promotion of the Banks reference architecture, evidencing alignment with Group and local technology standards and to the Banks business strategy and satisfies all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls.
The Banks Enterprise Architect is responsible for participating in developing the bank’s global architecture practice to ensure this fits with the needs of the market and for implementing and assuring the operation of this practice for the Bank
- Definition and maintenance of the Banks reference architecture, ensuring alignment to the Bank Group and the Banks UK Technology strategies and to Group and appropriate external standards.
- Engage with the primary stakeholders to influence strategic investment decisions and technology outcomes.
- Be a prominent contributor to the development of Group architecture standards, identifying and implementing new practices, processes and technologies where required both in the Group and in the UK Bank.
- Promote the benefits of architecture, accepted best practice techniques, standards and tools both within the Bank and to other areas of the Group and external suppliers where necessary.
- Provide and support understanding of appropriate Group business systems, their associated requirements and technology usage to the Banks stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise the Banks IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Provide consultancy to IT and business teams where required.
- Where appropriate, provide full architectural life cycle guidance to IT and business teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Build strong relationships with engineering and operations teams aligned to the Banks consumed deliverables, particularly the designers within these teams.
- Educate, inspire, motivate and mentor teams, creating a sense of community amongst the the Bankstechnology teams and the global teams of which the Bank is a customer
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
- Working with the global teams to manage the overall application landscape and lifecycles for transformation, consolidation or rationalisation
- Budget control: This role will have no budget responsibility.
- Commercial Influence: This role will have influence over the total technology budget within the UK domain.
- Line management: This job may have line management responsibility.
- Functional management: This job may have functional management responsibility.
- Relationships: Managers & Architects; IT Domain Leads; Cyber Managers.
- Strategic importance – Medium: Influential in the continued development of architecture strategy & standards.
- Regulatory & risk – Identifies risks against defined architecture standards, drives implementation in architecture design & promotes best practice
What you will bring to the role
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge or demonstrable experience of the following:
- Working knowledge of Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF (preferred) or Zachman
- Ability to interact at executive level within the business as well as Technology
- Knowledge of heterogeneous technology environments (e.g. Mainframe, IBM iSeries, distributed compute and Cloud architecture).
- Ability to quickly consider and create solutions to immediate challenges as well as produce longer term strategic views and artefacts.
- Capability to influence and promote new ideas and direction within the organisation
- Excellent communicator with ability to translate strategies, planned and managed approaches, methods, tools and operational plans for the region.
- Excellent stakeholder management facilitating highly effective cross-functional collaboration across diverse populations and functions to ensure effective relationships and engagement across all teams contributing to the successful delivery of the Banks business outcomes.
- Demonstrate strong resilience and tenacity with highly effective influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
- Be accustomed to managing a high level of ambiguity and delivering clear decisions and direction
This role will primarily be Sheffield based but some travel may be required.