DevOps Engineer role – Inside IR35 – Hybrid WFH
The scope of the work covers the full CICD pipeline, including source code repository, configuration management processes, code scanning & security testing, and automated build & deployment.
The environment is Microsoft Azure, and we will need to support teams developing in Databricks, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, containers & serverless architectures, and more.
We currently use Azure DevOps with Terraform, Ansible and Powershell & Python scripts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Stakeholder management, from requirements gathering to ongoing support
- Gathering requirements from development teams and other relevant stakeholders
- Researching and evaluating products to meet the requirements, including proof-of-concept testing
- Designing the full CICD pipeline and associated processes (e.g. git branching strategy)
- Documenting the proposed approach and reviewing that documentation with necessary stakeholders
- Delivery of the selected tools
- Documentation of user guides & processes
- Migration to the designed solution, providing training & support for developers
- Integration with operational tools & processes (monitoring, backup etc)
- Integration with collaboration & workflow tools (e.g. Jira, ADO)
- Managing and resolving issues with the DevOps tooling
- Development of self-service capabilities, template deployments etc over the long term
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with demonstrable experience in technical requirements gathering
- Strong DevOps culture, with knowledge of good practices and patterns, and understanding of how code can be delivered rapidly and securely in a modern environment
- Experience of working in Agile teams, using Scrum or similar frameworks is a plus.
- Experience working in teams which are spread across different geographies, time zones and cultures
- Experience working in big data analytics, cybersecurity and/or banking is an advantage
- Must have experience in designing and building Terraform IAC in Azure
- Must have experience in designing and deploying CI/CD pipelines for application code, ideally in the big data analytics space
- Experience with DevOps for Azure Databricks is an advantage
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, and willing to pick up others
- Good understanding of Azure technology, including IaaS & PaaS services, virtual networks, availability zones and regions, etc
- Familiarity with static & dynamic application security testing tools (e.g. Sonarqube or similar products) is also an advantage.