Dev Ops Engineer
You’re an intelligent innovator who thinks outside of the box with a record of delivering great results against the most complex of problems. You take ownership without being asked to, but you’re also a team player with a relentless desire for your team to succeed. You’re open, honest and respectful, appreciating the value of diversity, and you enjoy the challenge of working in an ambiguous environment where no two days are the same. You recognise the need to work at pace but are also laser focussed on UX to ensure that what’s delivered delights the end-user.
As a DevOps engineer within the Software Engineering organisation, you’ll get the chance to work on an exciting strategic product roadmap across both of the following areas:
- Satellite mission planning systems
- Enterprise and consumer cybersecurity products
Once you join the team, you’ll be responsible for forward development and maintenance of the CI/CD and deployment pipelines, and will be involved throughout the full SDLC using modern cloud architectures, frameworks, tools and languages.
This is a great opportunity to join our high-performing team and make a real-world impact as we scale on our exciting journey into an emerging technology space, working with talented teams of product managers, scientists, cryptographers, satellite systems engineers, designers and software architects and engineers.
- Work in the software engineering team developing software for cloud PaaS and satellite mission control systems.
- Contribute to the initial design, development, testing and deployment of a world-class CI/CD and deployment pipelines and robust DevOps practice to support a highly scalable and secure PaaS and mission planning platforms.
- Be responsible for operationalising and automating the deployment, configuration and monitoring for our new cloud services into our own datacenters.
- Work within an agile engineering team, contributing to agile development practices, helping ensure that the team delivers high quality software in an iterative fashion.
- Help maintain and improve the existing Kubernetes cluster which has a service-mesh implemented for secure communications between services running across datacentres
- BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng or equivalent in Computer Science, electronic engineering or related field, or significant commercial experience within an engineering team delivering complex mission-critical enterprise software and services.
- 2+ years DevOps experience in relevant areas.
- Experience building CI/CD and deployment pipelines
- Experience of relevant modern container-orchestration, infrastructure-as-code, configuration management and deployment technologies within a datacenter environment
- Experience of cloud service development and deployment (public/hybrid/private cloud PaaS or SaaS)
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in the UK now and the ability to gain UK security clearance are both
- Experience of DevSecOps would be a significant advantage
- Experience using Prometheus/Grafana would be beneficial