|Mobile DevOps Engineer – Inside IR35
What you will be doing:
- DevOps Engineers in the Mobile team are passionate, self-motivated individuals, who are comfortable building custom tooling in Python, writing documentation that scales across multiple teams and can identify, design and build automated solutions to existing manual processes.
- Monitor, maintain and extend the existing in-house Mobile CI Infrastructure (Jenkins, Ansible, Vagrant, AWS) and related services
- Build and extend our custom tooling (Python) to improve developer productivity throughout the mobile teams.
- Involvement in incident management and supporting production systems
- Provide support to the development teams
- Ensure that the mobile services conform to the Bank’s controls
- Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
- Expanding the CI capability
- Supporting procurement of external services.
- Building tooling to support automated app releases
- Building custom tooling for our development teams
- Engaging with the development teams to identify common problems and solutions
What you must bring to the role
- Experience working with Jenkins, CircleCI, BuildKite or other CI/CD platforms.
- Good understanding of how DevOps can be applied to CI/CD and how Python can be used for IT Automation.
- Understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding how Mobile apps are built using tools such as Gradle and Xcode build
- Understanding of Git commands
- Experience in performing root causes analysis on build and test automation logs
What you will ideally bring to the role:
- Experience working with Ansible and Vagrant
- Experience using Swift/Kotlin for producing iOS/Android applications
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS
- Expert knowledge of using Python for automating manual tasks
- Experience in cross-team collaboration
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics or Prometheus
- Bash scripting skills
- Working knowledge of Java and the JVM (memory spaces)
- Performance testing
Remote focused hybrid role