Role summary This is a high-profile role accountable for delivering key projects in the GPS Client Implementation arena with visibility at senior leadership technology and business level. The Bank is a leading company committed to leveraging technology to enhance our clients’ experience. As a Technology Business Analyst, you will play a crucial role in analysing business processes, identifying areas for improvement, and supporting the implementation of digitization strategies, remove friction, optimised client onboarding, and enhanced client experience initiatives. Global Payments Solutions is made up of almost 10,000 people, across more than 60 countries. The business is uniquely positioned to offer a range of Product and Packages to clients. Our expertise in this area is repeatedly recognized by the industry’s most prominent publications and associations with numerous global, regional, and country awards.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Business Analyst, who will be accountable for driving the Technology requirements for the Client Implementation programme of work. The role holder will contribute to the management of technology requirements, prioritisation, and management of backlogs.
• The Business Analyst role is accountable for successful delivery and management of a prioritized technology requirements roadmap with following as the key expectations:
• Conduct in-depth analysis of existing business processes, identifying opportunities for digitization, automation, and process optimization.
• Ensure consistency with global workflows as far as possible, driving out local changes unless driven by pressing Business, regulatory or compliance needs.
• Maintain rigorous change control standards around technology requirements documentation. INTERNAL
• Work with System Testing team, Software Delivery, Service Delivery (Operations) and application vendor (where applicable) to triage defects raised.
• Show the character to uphold the banks values and standards where applicable and prevent divergence from best practice, escalating to senior management where appropriate.
• Maintain the banks internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Manage and lead a team of business analysts while performing key tasks like requirement analysis, solution documentation, impact assessment, defect triage etc
• Manage traceability of requirements to business objectives, software delivery user stories, test cases. Proficiency in usage of JIRA and confluence.
• Facilitate and ensure transition of systems knowledge across software delivery and business readiness teams
• Collaborate with business stakeholders, technology teams, and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and translate them into functional specifications to deliver to scope, cost and time.
• Facilitate workshops and interviews to gather requirements, elicit key information, and ensure a thorough understanding of project objectives.
• Develop and document detailed business requirements, use cases, and user stories, ensuring alignment with digitization, client onboarding, and client experience goals.
• Work closely with technology teams to guide the development and implementation of digitization solutions, ensuring business requirements are met.
• Perform data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and insights that drive improvements in client onboarding and overall client experience.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and improve user interfaces, ensuring intuitive and user-friendly experiences.
• Provide support and guidance to end-users during the implementation and postimplementation phases, addressing any issues or concerns. Support operational and production readiness activities.
• Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to digitization, client onboarding, and client experience. The ideal candidate for this role will have
• Proven experience as a Business Analyst, specifically in technology-related projects, with exposure to digitization, client onboarding, and client experience initiatives.
• Appreciation of Wholesale Banking end-to-end landscape and interdependencies, preferably understanding the Banking Products & Services (payments is nice to have not essential).
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, delivery-focused and strong team player. Strong communication, analytical, decision making and presentation skills
• Excellent Stakeholder management across a complex environment – Business Lines, Change Delivery, Service Delivery, Software Delivery.
• Ability to transition rapidly into role and become effective within a short period.
• Experience of creating and maintaining technology requirements backlog via user stories, management of end-to-end traceability and prioritization of requirements in JIRA using the agile delivery methodology
• Proficiency in business analysis techniques, such as requirements elicitation, use case development, and user story creation.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization across and working across multiple geographies and different cultures.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall) and INTERNAL experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at senior levels in the organisation.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, delivery-focused, and strong team player with detailoriented mindset with a focus on delivering high-quality deliverables and meeting project deadlines.
• Proactive and willing to use own initiative to resolve issues in solution-driven environment. • Proficient at Agile practices and should have experience in analysing BRDs, drafting technology requirements for enterprise banking applications
• The candidate should have excellent communication skills and ability to articulate requirements in technical language
• 10 years of experience of working in the technology BA space and exposure to Compliance Requirements (e.g., KYC/CDD), Operations Processes, Workflow & Automation, Document Management, Client Data Management, Identity & Access Management