|API Technical Tester – Inside IR35 – £300
The role of the API Technical tester is to work in a cross functional agile team at a UK Retail Bank, developing, testing and deploying code to support the first direct portfolio.
We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete functional testing at API level
- Creation and execution of manual & automated test scripts against both API and Mobile UI journeys
- Maintenance of regression suites of delivered functionality
- End to end Integration testing including back end validations for all API methods (GET, POST, PUT and DELETE).
- API and UI integration which includes correct version of API’s calling from UI.
- Analysis and verification of splunk/PCF logs
- Participating in engineering discipline, best practice and compliance standards
- Conducting Performance testing
- Conducting Security testing
The ideal candidate for this role be familiar with all and expert in some of the following:
- Automated test script generation for Web and Mobile applications
- Automation tools: Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, REST-Assured
- Fiddler and Postman
• Agile Tooling – Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Slack
• Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
• Messaging Standards: MQ, ISM, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP,
• Databases: Oracle, DB2, querying and data mining with SQL
• Monitoring Tools: SPLUNK, AppDynamics
• Guidelines: W3C Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0)
• Continuous integration using Jenkins and Maven
• Stubbing solutions e.g. LISA, Wiremock
Experience is desirable, though not essential, in the following:
• Working in a retail banking environment or a similar large enterprise
• Evidence of working in scaled agile
• Exposure to automated performance test tools
In addition to the detail listed above, the ideal candidate will:
• Be an approachable, collaborative and supportive team member.
• Have an ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies in order to develop Full Stack engineering capabilities.
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to adapt communication to the audience and the message to be conveyed.