Senior Back-end Developer
A digital agency, delivering creative strategies and ad production across a variety of screens, formats, clients and verticals.
Our core specialism is in the design and production of Dynamic adverts, often served under programmatic advertising, and known as DCO (Dynamic Creative Optimization).
We are wholly owned by Omnicom Media Group, delivering unique proximity and seamless integration to the media agencies and their data-driven audience targeting & media planning processes (alongside OMD, PHD and H&S).
But whilst we benefit from the strength and backing of a major advertising and media network, we have stayed true to our roots with the culture and atmosphere of a start-up, and all the energy and opportunity for talent that it brings.
This agency is comprised of a wide-ranging and talented bunch of specialists, from creative strategists, designers, developers, analysts, technicians and relationship managers empowered by our in-house technology platform.
Using data, creative thinking, and the smart use of technology we produce beautiful creative, optimized to deliver audience impact.
Above all, we have produced some amazingly cool – and effective – work for our clients across the world, including Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Oakley, McDonalds, Canon, Disney, Warner Bros, Pepsi, Virgin Atlantic, Sainsbury’s, Barclays & many more!
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a senior back end developer with at least 5 years of commercial development experience who will be working as part of a multi-skilled development team on multiple projects using NodeJS (future) and Symfony (legacy). There will be more of an emphasis on NodeJS in future projects.
They should have a passion for improving ways of working and effectiveness, both individually and across the team, are happy learning new things, and constantly pushing boundaries to produce the best possible product. A focussed, self-starter who can communicate highly technical ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues and who works well in a diverse team in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Provide robust, high-quality and performant back-end platforms, microservices and APIs to the front-end team and other stakeholders
- Actively promote best practise, knowledge sharing, coaching and continuous improvement of the team and its processes
- Ensure tasks are well defined and scoped, completed to deadlines and are properly tested and fit for purpose
- Keep up to date with the latest back-end tools, technologies and ways of working
- Critique and test your own and others code
- Operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Communicate needs and requirements effectively
Core Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of SQL with an ORM
- Architecting and building microservices and RESTful APIs
- OOP with design patterns
- TDD & BDD methodologies
- Agile development methodologies
- Version-control systems (Git)
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience of managing people, teams and business change (highly advantageous)
- Experience of migrating legacy PHP applications to NodeJS
- In-depth knowledge of Symfony framework
- RabbitMQ, Redis
- Python, Go or other languages
- Database design and optimisation (Mysql)
- Deploying CI/CD pipelines with automation
- Docker and container orchestration
- Hosting infrastructure and services (AWS)
- Linux server administration and DevOps
- Front-end knowledge or experience (React)
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK
In return, we’ll give you:
- A relaxed and focused working environment
- Up to date kit to work on,
- BUPA private health and dental,
- An employer’s pension contribution,
- Season ticket loan,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Career progression and the time and budget to learn new stuff