Scrum Master – Mobile Banking
The IT Scrum Master role will form part of the Banks IT Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Function. This function consists of IT Programme and Project Management; Agile Delivery Manager; Scrum Masters; IT Solutions Analysts; IT Business Analysts and Project Management Office.
The role of the IT Scrum Master is to act as a servant leader to the team, empowering them to make decisions and work collaboratively. The scrum master will facilitate the daily ceremonies and will remove impediments that prevent the team from delivering at pace to a high quality. They will track and record progress of the team and report risks and issues in line with agreed governance.
Scrum Masters act as servant leaders to the team and facilitate the team to self-organise around prioritised work to ensure successful delivery of committed activities within each Sprint, resolving issues and blockers and escalation of these in a timely manner. Scrum Masters facilitate their team in continuous inspection and adaption of both their product and their ways of working. Facilitate and help organise team ceremonies such as daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning events. They are also active participants and team facilitators in Portfolio Planning events. Use of appropriate tools to ensure effective recording and management of the teams backlog items to provide visibility of activity and progress against committed backlog items. Responsibility for ensuring SME are engaged at appropriate times i.e ITSA and including core teams outside of fd.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Past working experience in a relevant role i.e Proven track record as Scrum Master or in the Management of Projects across the full delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Practical experience of working with different channels, technology and architecture, such as APIs and micro services.
- In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Past working experience of working on relevant systems i.e JIRA, Confluence
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Scrum certifications, LEAN/Kanban, IC Agile or similar, SAFE 4.0 / 4.5 Qualification.
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITSM framework is desirable
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will:
- Be an approachable and supportive team member with a collaborative attitude within a demanding, maturing Agile environment
- Have experience of working in a large scale delivery environment
- An ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies
- Be able to communicate effectively – spoken and written – to convey complex technical subject matter clearly, adapting to the audience.