Release Manager – Located in our Leeds offices. Inside IR35 contract
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Digital Solutions is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of over 41 million customers worldwide.
The work of the Digital teams includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to enhance our customer relationships; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
The Digital Product Management discipline sets the strategic direction of digital products. We own the digitisation of customer journeys and guide product development in line with market ambitions, while navigating implementation constraints. Building on the understanding gained in digital analysis, our Product Managers are responsible for digital products and customer journeys, from definition to being live. In Product Management, you have the opportunity to define and launch features and products that improve the financial lives of millions of our customers globally.
What you will be doing:
- Forward Plan the release cycle
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party vendor updates
- Communicate all key release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage inter-team relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners, other cross functional teams, and vendors
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrable expertise of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Significant knowledge and experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- System operations knowledge, including ITIL and management of infrastructure change
- Experience of working with audit requirements and change management and control procedures
- Solid understanding of Agile project management principles preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle