We’re a bank that absolutely has its customers at its heart – which is demonstrated through the amazing numbers of awards we win for customer service, not just in the banking sector but across all sectors. We were the UK’s first phone bank and now we’re fantastic digital business, powered by amazing humans.
And we only want to make that better. We have ambitious plans to make the most of our current market position to really grow the business. To do this we’re investing in building a best in class IT team. Working really closely with other business teams to ensure we create the right solutions for both the business and the customer and to support our strategic plans.
The role of the Engineer is to work in a cross functional agile team at the bank, developing, testing and deploying code to support the first direct portfolio.
We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Use the latest technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
• Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions
Participate in engineering discipline, best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT
The ideal candidate for this role be familiar with all and expert in some of the following:
• Java development (Java 8 and above)
• Spring Boot, Maven, IntelliJ
• Agile Methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Pair Programming
• Agile Tooling – Jira, Confluence, Slack
• CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Nexus
• Test automation development utilising –JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito
• PaaS / IaaS – Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mule API Gateway, AWS
• REST APIs, JSON
• Application Monitoring – Splunk, AppDynamics
Experience is desirable, though not essential, in the following:
• NodeJS & Selenium
• IBM MQ, Active MQ
• NoSQL databases experience such as Mongo DB
In addition to the detail listed above, the ideal candidate will:
• Be an approachable, collaborative and supportive team member.
• Have an ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies in order to develop Full Stack engineering capabilities.
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to adapt communication to the audience and the message to be conveyed.
The base location of this role will be, Stourton, Leeds – Initially working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions.