Project Manager – Supply Chain Transformation
The project manager position will Lead the delivery and execution of a direct procurement and inventory planning and forecasting tool across the groups European supply chain operations. The purpose of the project is to optimise the procurement and inventory planning process, and improve visibility, flexibility, and agility in day-to-day operations and service to the customer. The Project Manager position will be responsible for the successful deployment planning, oversight of the implementation team, and delivery of agreed benefits to plan only. The selection and procurement of the preferred tool has already been defined, signed-off, and completed by the business with a decision to use GAINSystems. The successful candidate must have previous supply chain experience in inventory and forecast planning gained in a multi-country business, and be able to demonstrate solid project management skills in deploying complex change and process re-design.
1) Lead the development of the inventory and planning tool, decommission the old systems and ways of working over a 12-18 month delivery horizon.
2) Work in collaboration with project sponsors and other stakeholders within the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of project outcomes, and manage the projects financial reporting of project benefits.
3) Deliver change into the organisation through the application of ‘best in class’ project, programme and change management methodologies.
4) Own on site project stakeholder relationships and engage the business more broadly with project communications and updates to the transformation PMO.
5) Play an active role in continuously improving the engagement and performance of the team, and oversight of the 3P provider in line with agreed SLAs.
6) Establish and sustain effective governance and reporting in line with the agreed central PMO framework to ensure the appropriate level of control is in place across the project.
7) Co-ordinate the agreed and defined delivery specifications through collaboration with the business, IT and other 3rd parties.
8) Coordinate all project and operational related resources where required.
9) Take ownership for key project deliverables (such as the plan and budget) across the projects lifecycle.
10) Own project change requests and risk & issue reporting.
11) Act as an ambassador for business change.
12) Lead project evaluation and closure of the project.
· Project specialist with experience of leading and successfully delivering projects across countries.
· Excellent resource allocation and planning skills. And direction setting to plan.
· Experience of complex project environments and excellent financial and benefits reporting.
· Familiarity with best practice project, programme and portfolio management practices.
· Extensive track record of integrating and delivering complex change programmes and conflicting priorities to time, benefit, cost and quality.
· Exposure to highly complex organisation structures and frameworks.
· Experience managing 3rd parties.
· Strategic and Analytical thinking.
· Excellent facilitation skills.
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage different audiences at all levels.
· Resilient with an ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
-Qualified and/or certified in project management methodologies.
-Able to demonstrate experience performing a similar role within a major multi-country organisation.
-Experience in supply chain inventory and forecast planning.
-Project Experience in a Supply Chain environment.
Location: Egham or Bardon, UK ( Remote with some travel)