Data Product Manager
WHAT IS THE OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB?
The purpose of the role will be to lead the development of the data offerings and opportunities for Insight and Analytical capability for a Product Domain. The Product Manager will own the strategy and roadmap for the Data domain and will manage stakeholder requirements. They will manage the development of the data products which will include sourcing the required data, building the required data assets on Data platform and developing user capability.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work alongside the Data, Business Unit & Functional leaders and Technology leaders to develop the product data strategy.
- Own and clearly communicate the data product roadmap as well as deliver both internal and external facing Insight & Analytical solutions building capability on AWS, Snowflake and Tableau
- Manage the full life-cycle for new data features and products: from requirements, through specifications, design and implementation, to final delivery.
- Work closely with key business and stakeholders to deliver new high-value data products which is trusted, understood & governed which adds commercial value to the business.
- Enable the pathway to enhance the data maturity of the data domain, which is complimentary to the wider data strategy and insights roadmap.
- Ensure the continual progression of the Belron Insights and Analytics capability matrix, ensuring we are enablers of insights aspiration and future proofing designs for enhanced capability such as machine learning, predictive analytics, and data monetisation.
Communicate regular updates and new releases to all key stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years as a Data Product Owner
- Extensive knowledge in Modern data and analytics practices.
- Extensive knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Experience in Agile project execution. Able to manage and coordinate complex tasks and project schedules as well as develop and execute a rollout plan. Proven experience in leading and delivering end to end projects independently
- A passionate data innovator who understands that data is an asset, which can be both monetised and crafted to drive business value
- Strong execution and delivery skills, including the ability to synthesise complex operational and technology considerations into clear and coherent delivery plans.
- Ability to influence and engage senior geographically and culturally diverse stakeholders moving them toward a common vision or goal
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrating the ability to work harmoniously and productively with all disciplines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal with the ability to translate highly technical projects into business- friendly terms. Able to instil an excitement about and engagement with Technology Transformation.