UAT Tester – Inside IR35
The role of the Automation tester is to work in a cross functional agile team at first direct, developing, testing and deploying code to support the Bank portfolio.
We offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
• The creation and execution of automated test scripts against both API and Mobile UI journeys
• Maintaining regression suites of delivered functionality
• Provide Release management automation execution support
• Analyse logs (network, device logs) which can be used for error assessment, fiddler testing and Telium tag confirmations.
• Participate in engineering discipline, best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT
The ideal candidate for this role be familiar with all and expert in some of the following:
• Automated test script generation for Web and Mobile applications
- Automation tools: Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, REST-Assured, Browserstack
• Agile Tooling – Jira, Confluence, Zephyr, Slack
• Agile methodologies – Scrum, Kanban
• Messaging Standards: MQ, ISM, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP,
• Databases: Oracle, DB2, querying and data mining with SQL
• Monitoring Tools: SPLUNK, APPDynamics
• Guidelines: W3C Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0)
• Continuous integration using Jenkins and Maven
• Stubbing solutions e.g. LISA, wiremock
• Expertise on Testing REST API using Robot Framework and SOAP UI
• Strong knowledge in web services testing via Tool SOAP UI/ Restful web services
• Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access .
• Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
Experience is desirable, though not essential, in the following:
• Working in a retail banking environment or a similar large enterprise
• Evidence of working in scaled agile
• Exposure to automated performance test tools
In addition to the detail listed above, the ideal candidate will:
• Be an approachable, collaborative and supportive team member.
• Have an ability and desire to keep with up with current trends and learn new technologies in order to develop Full Stack engineering capabilities.
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to adapt communication to the audience and the message to be conveyed.