Software Engineer (API) – located in our London office – Inside IR35
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
An integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico. We are building digital solutions that will impact the lives of over 41 million customers worldwide.
The work of the Digital teams includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to enhance our customer relationships; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to compete effectively in a mobile, data-driven world.
You will be part of a cross functional team transforming our digital capabilities. Driving innovation, delivering products in ever shortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of our processes, tooling and engineering practices.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with Scrum teams to understand business requirements and build scalable APIs to support this
- Hands on server side development with good working knowledge of client side
- Responsible for the entire software development lifecycle, from build, deploy to on-going production support
- Enjoy working with a team of engineers to solve interesting technical challenges
- Provide support to the development teams
- Ensure that the mobile services conform to the bank’s controls
- Collaborate with a variety of teams for development and incident management
- Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience developing web APIs for Mobile applications
- Experience with continuous delivery of Mobile applications
- Experience building scalable components with a Microservice architecture
- Strong technical experience on server-side development (Java 8, Spring Boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, MuleSoft API Gateway)
- Understanding and championing of functional programming paradigms and reactive programming (RxJava or similar framework)
- Strong experience in continuous build/integration/deployment tools including Jenkins, Git and Jira
- Exposure to monitoring tools (Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus or similar) and fault tolerance tools like Hystrix
- Working knowledge of Python
- Experience of Kotlin is advantageous
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Strong communication skills and a great team player
- Troubleshooting skills
- Performance testing